There are safety features built into our fireplace inserts which protect against electrical fires, and in conjunction with this are error codes. The E1 error code, which indicates that the fireplace is overheating, is often caused by an obstruction to the airflow intake our output.
- Unplug the fireplace insert. The unit must remain unplugged for at least 5 minutes in total.
- Remove the insert from the mantel or TV stand.
- Using a hair dryer, blow air through each of the front, top, and rear vents around the fan, clearing away any dust or debris.
- Plug the fireplace back in to ensure that the fireplace is operational.
- If operational, reinstall into the mantel or TV stand.
Additionally, the following are best practices to prevent overheating:
- Unplug the fireplace insert between uses.
- Do not plug any other items into the same outlet as the fireplace insert, as it draws a significant amount of power and may overload the circuit.
- Ensure that the connection between the plug and outlet is tight. A loose-fitting outlet may draw too much power, resulting in an error code.
- Only plug the power cord directly into the outlet and NEVER use an extension cord or surge protector.
- If this does not correct the issue, please reach out to customer service for assistance.